Showers Plaza dedication
In 1967, a fire destroyed most of the former Shower’s Furniture Factory, once one of the largest furniture makers in the United States. Working together, CFC Properties, Indiana University, and the City of Bloomington renovate the surviving structure, creating office and research space. The complex, built in 1910 by Charles C. Showers, was one of the first businesses in Bloomington to use electricity. The company closed in 1956.
For additional information about the Showers Plaza, visit: bloomington.in.gov